OMGWTF GAMES around the web
- My G+ profile, where I share lots of gamedev related stuff. Also, the OMGWTFGAMES G+ page.
- @OMGWTFGAMES on Twitter
- OMGWTF GAMES !!1! gamplay videos on YouTube
- My posts on the Ludum Dare 48 hour from-scratch game development compo site. I go under moniker ‘pansapiens’ there (and maybe other places too).
Libraries and Tools I’ve Known & Loved
- Blender and The GIMP
- batari Basic
These are various game developers whose work I like, in no particular order:
- ABA Games (Kenta Cho) (master of the bullet-hell shooter)
- Hikoza’n-CHI X (home of Warning Forever)
- Nnooo (makers of the Pop! WiiWare game)
- Jacob Waldemar Buczynski (Jinxtengu)
- Mazapan.se (Kian)
- Xiotex Studios
- Tales of Games (creators of the insane Barkley ShutUp and Jam:Gaiden RPG)
- iteration games (impressive work with ZGameEditor. eg the Galaxy Wars-esque game Gyro-phyter Neo)
- Digital Eel – ???
- SpellOfPlay (indie PC games)
- Daniel Benmergui (Ludomancy – arty farty games)
- Locomalito – check out his “Philosophy” page – good stuff !
Ludum Darers: some more cool indy developers
These guys and gals are great fun. When they are not talking various amounts of drivel on IRC (AfterNET #ludumdare) they are busy making kick-ass games.
- Hamumu Software
- Phil Hassey
- X-0ut (Dark Castle Software)
- PoV (Mike Kasprzak & Sykhronics Entertainment & his tooNormal blog)
- mrfun (half of Robinson Technologies)
- PyMike .. he also puts lots of good stuff on pygame.org
- agj (Alejandro Grilli J.) .. a game developer and talented graphic designer
- ExicteMike (Mike Meyers).
- (and many more …)
Android Game Developers
Some blogs of professional game designers
- Applied Game Design (Brenda Brathwaite)
- Teaching Game Design (Ian Schreiber)
- there will be more …
Forums, communities, hubs, competitions, blogs
- Indie Gamer Developer forums
- Ludum Dare
- Game Programming Wiki
- Gametunnel – independent game hub
- Sloperama’s Game Biz Advice page – advice from someone with experience
Australian Game Development Resources
Sumea Launchpad– sadly, appears to now be defunct
- Game Developers Association of Australia (GDAA)
- Good Game on ABC TV (not strictly a developer resource, but they do highlight the local industry, and make a great entertainment for Australian gamers and developers alike)