Based in Melbourne, Australia
10 Oct, 2013
|PC / Mac / Linux (USD)||$4.99|
DescriptionDef: tower defense devolved - with pheromones ! Stranded on the wrong side of the Rift during an attack on the enigmatic Def Flotilla, you are thrown into the deep end and left to control an unfamiliar alien defense system. But this isn't just about saving your own skin - millions of Def, and the fate of human-Def relations depend on your actions. Def is a unique 'minimalist' tower defense/RTS hybrid with interactive fiction story elements.
HistoryDef began life as prototype made for the Ludum Date 48 hour game jam, with the theme "Minimalism". From that initial seed, the game has been evolved and expanded with extra enemies, new defences and story driven campaign mode, while the maintaing the 'minimalist' feel of the original prototype.
- Unique tower defense / realtime strategy hybrid
- Enemy AI inspired by ants, with pathfinding influenced by pheromone trails
- Guide the conversation with your alien host to unravel the story
- Quick, pick up and play, seat-of-the-pants campaign chapters
- Packed with pulp scifi cliches, dad jokes and cheezy Star Trekisms !
- Neo-retro visual aesthetic, inspired by _actual_ alien user interfaces !
- Mod support - players can create their own levels and stories.
Awards & Recognition
Def has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
- "Hypnotic and beautiful, Def‘s electric neon graphical style is modeled after an artist’s interpretation of what an alien user interface may look like."
- Craig Forshey, Super Game Droid
- "It’s a very cool game and highly recommended."
- Day of the OUYA, Day of the OUYA - Interview with Andrew Perry from OMGWTFGAMES!!1!
- "In essence, Def is a tower defense game - but then again, it's much more than that."
- Day of the OUYA, Day of the OUYA YouTube Channel
- "This is a very good game that deserves to be played more by fans both Tower Defense, Text Adventures, and Sci-fi. I recommend giving it a shot."
- Joshua Racz, ReviOUYA
- "OUYA: Def, it is a matter of mass and life (a Let's Play video)"
- otakupunk, otakupunk's YouTube Channel
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About OMGWTFGAMES !1!!
OMGWTFGAMES !1!! is a teeny tiny one person indie studio working out of Melbourne, Australia, with a taste for the neo-retro. We make games using illegal ninja moves from the government. And by we, we of course mean I - Andrew Perry.
More information on OMGWTFGAMES !1!!, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Development, OMGWTFGAMES !1!!